BY ARIETA VAKASUKAWAQA

Fiji School Leaving Certificate Examination results
And tears and cheers of victory were spilled over the weekend as students celebrated their success.
Among them was Adi Cakobau School student, Alisi Marama, 18, of Nausori Village.
She was jumping with joy to show her happiness when the Fiji Sun met her at the Ministry of Education Examination Centre at Selbourne Street in Suva during the weekend.
“I have made my family and school proud because I managed to pass my exams,” she said.
“My six siblings are going to be happy when they hear the good news and this would make me role model for them since I am the eldest.
“I have a lot of plans regarding my academic studies but at the moment I’ll try to enroll for Form Seven and from there I will try to pass my exams for university,” Miss Marama said.
Being a boarding student at one of Fiji’s prominent schools has moulded the Verata lass to do better.
She aims to become a dietitian in the future.
She thanked God, her parents, friends, and teachers for their support last year.
“My parents live in Lami and I have been boarding at ACS ever since I joined the school. That did not deter me from passing my exam.
“I thank the madam principal, Mrs Salote Nawalowalo for implementing in us good discipline that enabled us to conquer the struggles of boarding life.
“Students need to set their goals right and work towards them even though they face struggles.
“They need to remain strong and keep focused,” she said.
Last year’s examination was attempted by 12,783 students at 161 centres around the country.
The number of students who sat for the exam was 390 more than in 2010.
Meanwhile, students are advised that proper identification is necessary for the release of results and they can be collected at the Examination Office in Suva.
Requests for recount or recheck of marks must be lodged with the director examinations no later than Monday, February 20, with the recount fee of $5 per subject.

0 comments:

Archive